Sell back your books
Ogden & Davis Campus
April 22 - May 1
Mon - Thu 7:30am - 5:30pm
Fri 7:30am - 4:30pm
Best Time To Sell
- For the best prices, bring your books in to sell during 'Finals week'.
- At the end of each semester, we buy books needed by the bookstore for the upcoming semester.
- The sooner you sell your books after each semester, the better your chance of receiving up to 50% of new retail.
- It is at this time of the year that inventory is most depleted and we are receiving orders for the next semester.
Each book falls into one of three categories:
RETAIL up to 50% of new price
These books will be used for the upcoming semester. They are books faculty have requested and we need copies to sell. We pay up to 50% of the new price. Example: New Retail Price $100.00 Used $75.00 - FULL BUYBACK $50.00
WHOLESALE 5%-35% of new price
Books that fall into this category are books that have NOT been requested by the faculty for the upcoming semester or are books we are overstocked on. These books are NOT purchased by the WSU Campus Store, however, a wholesale company will pay the market value for them. Wholesale market value ranges from 5%-33% of the retail price depending on national demand for the book.
Books that fall into this category are books that have NOT been requested by the faculty for the upcoming seemster. Unfortunately, thesebooks also do not have a wholesale market value. Books that fall into this category tend to be older titles that have gone out of print, have been replaced by a newer edition or are not commonly used on campuses across the nation. Neither our store nor the wholesale company need these titles.
In order to get the best price when you sell your books you should:
- Encourage instructors to get their orders for the next semester in early.
- Ask your instructors to let the WSU Campus Store know before finals begin if a text will be reused. If we have a request early enough for the titles to be included in buyback, you will get a better price for your book.
- Sell early! You will usually get the best price if you sell unwanted texts to the WSU Campus Store as soon as finals week begins.
- Bring all the extras. Be sure to bring any CDs, disks, DVD's or other items that came with the book. If you don't have these items, we may still buy the book, but the price might be affected.