Graduation & Commencement
Dream. Believe. Achieve.
Congratulations, make sure to celebrate your accomplishment. Here are a few pointers to help make your graduation process a smooth one.
Order your ANNOUNCEMENTS online and they will be shipped to your house.
Cap & Gowns
Pick up your cap, gown & tassel at the Lindquist Alumni Center located at 1235 E. 4100 S. from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on December 3rd and 4th. No pre-ordering or payment is necessary. The cap, gown and tassel do not need to be returned. If you have questions, please call (801) 626-7535.
If you have a problem with your cap, gown or tassel after you have received them, return them to the 1st floor of the WSU Bookstore in the Shepherd Union Building on December 9th through the 11th for adjustments. For problems on December 13th, go to the bookstore alcove in the Dee Events Center between portals 6 and 7 after 12:00 noon.
The colors of the tassels on the mortar board represent academic fields in which the graduates receive their degree. The colors are as follows:
- Black - College of Applied Science and Technology
- White - Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities
- Brown - John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics
- Light Blue - Jerry and Vickie Moyes College of Education
- Apricot - Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions
- Golden Yellow - College of Science
- Cream - College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Cream - Interdisciplinary Studies
- Purple and White - Associate Degree, Institutional Certificate
- Salmon - Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions - Master and Bachelor of Health Administration
- Orange - College of Applied Science and Technology - Electronics Engineering (EE)
Diploma frames, Class rings etc...
Grad Fest & Luncheon
Fall commencement will be held on December 12, 2014 in the Dee Event Center.Guests must show their tickets in order to be admitted to the luncheon.
The entire ceremony will be available online at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/weberstateu by December 22, 2014. DVD copies of graduation will be available for purchase for $3 in the Weber State University Bookstore at that time.
- Fall Commencement will be held Friday, December 12, 2014 at 1:00pm at the Dee Event Center.
- Students must report 30 minutes early.
In addition to general commencement, each college holds a convocation ceremony in the spring, where students are acknowledged individually by degree. For information about WSU commencement schedule, maps and frequently asked questions, visit weber.edu/commencement
The entire ceremony will be available online at www.youtube.com/weberstateu about 2-3 weeks after commencement.
Join our email list and be the first to know about sales, specials and store updates!| SIGN UP NOW